- 10 Bananas
- Coarsely chopped hazel nuts for sprinkling
- Enough oil for deep frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped hazel nuts
- A pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons Nutella
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- I used Lady Finger Bananas for this recipe but feel free to use any kind of banana you like. Just make sure they are about 80%-90% ripe. Or the bananas will be soft and mushy after being fried.
- Start by making the Nutella sauce first. Put the Nutella and coconut milk in a bowl and put it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Mix well. Add more Nutella or coconut milk as needed. Set aside.
- Peel the bananas and brush lightly with lemon water to prevent oxidation. Cut them into bite-size chunks if you are using the larger variety of bananas.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, coconut milk, hazelnuts, and salt until lumpy. The lumps will give a crispier crust. Mix only when you are ready to fry so the flour won’t become doughy and heavy.
- Heat a pan of oil on medium. Dip the bananas in the flour and try to scoop as many hazelnuts as you can. Put into pan of oil. When one side starts to turn golden brown, flip over. Fry the other side golden brown. Remove and drain well.
- Arrange on plate. Drizzle with Nutella sauce and sprinkle with hazelnuts.