- 1 pound thinly sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Peheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the bacon out on the parchment and bake for 10 minutes, the bacon should be partially cooked, but not yet crisp.
- Take the bacon out of the oven and coat one side of the bacon with the sugar-pepper mixture and return to the oven for about 5 more minutes.
- The sugar should be caramelized and the bacon should be crisp. When the bacon is cool enought to handle, carefully lit onto a cooling rack, serve warm or at room temperature.
- This holds well for a couple of hours.