This extremely yummy recipe for teriyaki chicken will not disappoint and smells simply wonderful when baking. To make a meal with your chicken you can add fresh snow peas, sliced water chestnuts, onion, green peppers and pineapple chunks and serve on some well steamed white rice. I really love ginger so I recommend some fresh ginger also. Or of course you can just eat the chicken by itself just make sure you prepare plenty of sauce for basting because it really is better than any bottled stuff I have tried.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper.
- Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.