I have been making this oven fried chicken for about 12 months now and it is so good my husband basically demands we have it every week. Not that I ever buckle to his demands but I happen to love it to so we compromise at about twice a month. The kids go crazy for this chicken too so mom is really popular on nights they smell this chicken cooking.
Probably the best thing about this chicken recipe is how easy it is. That and how crunchy it is on the outside and how tender and moist it is on the inside. Seeing my families happy faces is a nice added extra too. 2 dozen chicken drumsticks is a lot so you may have leftovers unless you are feeding a family of 6 like myself but don’t worry because this chicken reheats really nicely.
- 20 to 24 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter
- Heat oven to 450° F
- In a food storage bag, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika, curry powder, and poultry seasoning.
- Line 2 13×9-inch pans with heavy duty foil.
- Place 1/4 cup butter in each pan. Place pans in oven to melt butter.
- Coat chicken with seasoned flour mixture, shaking about 3 legs at a time in the bag.
- Place chicken in prepared pans in the melted butter.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Turn over and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until tender and nicely browned.