These yummy honey chicken kabobs really live up to the hype And are even better if you marinate them overnite but you don’t have to. As someone who believes you can never have enough sauce you should consider doubling the sauce ingredients so you don’t run out. For extra zing in your marinade try adding some extra garlic and a tsp of ginger. In addition to bell peppers you can use any vegetables you like such as cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and of course onions.
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
5 small onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 red bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper.
- Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kabobs while cooking.
- Place the chicken, garlic, onions and peppers in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear.
- Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.