Welcome to the world of ‘Sand Cake’! If you are anything like me, you love to indulge in creative baking recipes from time to time. Well, if you are looking for something a little different than your usual treats, I have got just the perfect recipe for you – ‘Sand Cake’!
– 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking soda
– 0.5 teaspoon baking powder
– 0.5 teaspoon salt
– 0.5 cup butter
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 0.5 cup warm water
– 2 tablespoons cocoa
– Handful of edible sand (can be bought in baking stores, or you can use crushed graham crackers)
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Grease a 9″ cake pan and set aside.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
7. Reduce the speed to low, and slowly add the flour mixture, alternating with the warm water.
8. Mix until all ingredients are combined, being careful not to overmix.
9. Pour half of the batter into the prepared cake pan.
10. Take 1 tablespoon of cocoa and sprinkle it on top. Then level out the remaining batter.
11. Sprinkle the top with the edible sand and bake for 30-35 minutes.
12. Let cool before serving.
Sand Cake is a perfect combination of classic baking techniques with a modern twist of creativity, as it utilizes edible sand to create a unique visual effect. Just picturing the end result is making my mouth water in anticipation! Not to mention, it is extremely easy to make and uses ingredients that can usually be found in any kitchen.
This recipe is inspired by the popular Brazilian treat, ‘Bolo de Areia’, which translates to Sand Cake in English. The original version does not contain cocoa or edible sand, but when prepared this way, it really takes it to the next level.
If you are looking for a unique and delicious treat to bring to a party or serve at a special occasion, then Sand Cake is the ideal sweet treat!