- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1-2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 6 oz jar artichoke hearts, drained and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 to 1 pound cooked pasta (I used whole wheat farfalle)
- olive oil
- grated parmesan
- Drizzle a little olive oil in a large stove top pan over medium high heat. Add chicken pieces to pan and cook for about 6 minutes or until cooked through. Add onions and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, add wine and cook for a few more minutes and reduce heat to medium.
- While chicken and onions are cooking, using a blender or food processor puree roasted red peppers.
- Now would be a good time to cook your pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Add pureed red peppers to the pan with chicken. Then add tomato sauce, basil, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Stirring together and cooking for about 15 minutes. About 10 minutes into cooking add artichokes and half and half, stirring everything together.
- Taste to see if you need any additional seasonings and then stir in cooked pasta. Serve with grated parmesan.
Recipe & Photos Via Author & Licensed Under CC BY-SA 3.0