Bake the Delicious Paradise Cake
Are you looking to try something new this weekend? If you’re a fan of desserts that melt in your mouth, the Paradise Cake should definitely be on your list. This recipe has strong influences from the Caribbean and is a perfect way to add a tropical twist to your kitchen! The combination of unusual ingredients along with an unconventional cooking method results in an astonishingly light and flavorful treat that can’t be found anywhere else.
The first thing you will love about the Paradise Cake is the sweet scent that teases your senses as it bakes. The sponge cake base contains grated coconut, nutmeg, cinnamon, and rum to give it that unmistakable Caribbean flair. Topped generously with a cream cheese frosting and then drenched in pecans and shredded coconut, every layer of this cake will tantalize your taste buds.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or yogurt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg grated
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 1/3 cup grated coconut
- 1 (13x9x2-inch) baking pan
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with butter or vegetable oil.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add granulated sugar and beat a few more minutes until the mixture is creamy and pale in color.
- Beat in the oil, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the buttermilk or yogurt and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Fold in nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla extract, rum, and grated coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes then remove from the pan and transfer to a wire rack.
- Spread cream cheese frosting over the top and sides of the cooled cake.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut and chopped pecans over the frosted cake.
- Serve immediately and store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you’re looking for a delicious dessert to serve your family or guests, the Paradise Cake will leave them in awe! The tropical flavors bring an unexpected burst of flavor and the creamy texture of the sponge makes it light and irresistible. It’s a wonderfully festive cake to bring to any gathering or a delightful treat to make just because. Enjoy!