Creative and Delicious: Italian Almond Cake
When it comes to baking, there’s nothing more comforting than a classic Italian almond cake. It’s a beloved dessert that panders to all tastes, thanks to its unique blend of ingredients and cooking techniques.
Take one bite of this delicious cake, and you’ll quickly realize why it’s so popular—the moist, spongy texture from the mascarpone-infused cake, and the crunchy almond slices throughout make for delightful texture play in a single forkful. The flavor of the cake, too, is heavenly. Hints of almond extract and lemon zest meet delicate notes of sugar and marsala to make for a delicious symphony that’s sure to please.
Plus, the baking method for this Italian almond cake is as simple as can be. Rather than introducing a multitude of steps, the recipe is all about patience and allowing time for the cake to brew. This aspect makes it an ideal dessert to prepare in advance and set aside during a busy week.
Ready to give it a try? Here’s all you need to know.
– 175-200 grams of almond slices
– 125 grams of all-purpose flour
– 125 grams of soft butter, plus extra for greasing
– Stems of 4 lemons, finely grated
– 4 eggs, separated
– 250 grams of cane sugar
– 100 milliliters of dry marsala
– 200 grams of mascarpone cheese
– 1 teaspoon of almond extract
– A dash of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan with butter.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the almond slices, flour and a dash of salt.
4. In a separate bowl, cream the butter with the lemon zest and cane sugar.
5. In a third bowl, beat together the egg yolks and mascarpone until fully incorporated.
6. In a larger bowl, add the butter and sugar mixture, mascarpone mixture, and the almond and flour mixture.
7. Mix together until all the ingredients are combined.
8. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
9. Gently fold the egg whites into the cake mixture.
10. Pour the mixture into your round cake pan and smooth the top.
11. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
12. Once out of the oven, allow the cake to cool for a few minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack.
13. When the cake has cooled, drizzle with marsala and wait for the glaze to set.
14. Sprinkle the top of the cake with almond slices and serve.
This traditional Italian almond cake is sure to tantalize taste buds and bring back fond memories. Every bite of this exquisite cake is truly one-of-a-kind. Enjoy!