- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 pound light brown sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 (3.4-ounce) packages cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Strawberry for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 F and grease and flour a 13in x 9in pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs and butter together. Add your brown sugar and slowly add the flour while mixing throughly.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and then spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.
- Prepare the pudding according to the directions and let it chill a little.
- Crumble your squares into chunky bits, put them back into the glass dish, and sprinkle with sherry.Spoon the pudding over it all.
- Beat the cream with the sugar just until stiff peaks form. Spoon the whipped cream onto the completely cooled trifle. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Add your strawberry and serve.