Chocolate marshmallow slice is seriously my favorite snack and I love it with a nice cup of Earl Gray tea. Hard to go wrong with this delightful recipe just make sure you do not overheat the mixture and melt your marshmallows. If you are having trouble with that step try adding them by hand to the mixture once it has cooled a little. I sometimes add gummy bears or glazed cherries for even more color which tends to make my children even more excited than usual but the smile on their faces is priceless. The macadamia nuts can easily be omitted for those with allergies or replaced with roasted peanuts or any nuts of your choosing especially pistachios. I normally double everything when I make this because it keeps really well.
- 7 oz quality milk chocolate
- 2 1/2 oz quality dark chocolate
- 1 oz unsalted butter
- 2 oz mixed marshmallows, cut with scissors into small pieces
- 2 oz shortbread biscuits, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 1/2 macadamia nuts
- 3/4 oz raisins
- Line a 13 x 9 bar pan with plastic wrap.
- Place the milk and dark chocolates with the butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water), then stir until melted.
- Stir marshmallows into chocolate with remaining ingredients.
- Spread into pan, chill in fridge for 2 hours or until hard. Slice in the pan.