A light and tasty cake with the fresh berries is a perfect combination. I made it with the raspberries, but think I’m going to try with the large bounty of blueberries I have soon. The hint of cinnamon is just splendid too. The original recipe called for 3 T of cream but I found I needed 6 to get a glaze that would spread over the entire cake.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh raspberry (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Combine dry ingredients together.
- Add the vanilla to the milk.
- Add the milk and vanilla mixture alternately with the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle raspberries evenly over batter.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- For the glaze, mix together the confectioner’s sugar, melted butter and cream. Frost in the pan while still warm.