The best thing about this recipe is you can easily modify it and make a huge variety of tasty treats. Change up the chocolate, the icings, dip them in different things! The sky really is the limit. They have become a regular every year for Halloween and my family love them, hope yours does too.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes.
- When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
- Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture.
- Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them.
- Place on waxed paper to set.